Thursday, October 20, 2011

Anxious Procrastinating.

I'm supposed to do my homework instead of this, but dlkfhfh.

I understand that not everyone believes in a God. I understand that they have the rights to think so as much as I have the rights to truly devote myself in One, and that they are allowed to say why as much as I am allowed to do so myself.

I shouldn't be hurt by what they say, since I know they don't intend to shove down what they believe in down the throats of people with a religion, likewise the believers to the non-believers.

But if my Iman was truly stable, my heart shouldn't waver like it does. I know it's my religion and I have the rights to follow it, and no one is stopping me from doing so. The people who says calmly that 'God doesn't exist' and rationally states why they think so do not expect anyone to shift their views on the subject.

It makes me feel very close-minded that whenever I read someone strongly disagree upon the existence of God, I feel a little bit hurt inside. I don't know if it's the way they say it (some really do act very viciously on their side of the argument which drives me nuts, but obviously we all have to find a way to tolerate with each other), or maybe because I admit that sometimes there is some sense to their points, and this scares me a lot. Of course I listen to their opinion and try to understand, or else I would be a completely ignorant person by not doing so - but I should learn to steady myself in confronting people with different views by now, especially with the internet connecting the world together and we often do cross paths here.

...

This post seems very pointless now because a) I've known from the beginning what I must do to make me feel like this less, b) I wouldn't like more trigger-warning type posts on my blog, c) it doesn't make any type of change whatsoever. Not like there were any change needed at the start, anyway.

BUT I've turned a blind eye on my homework just to try and get this off my chest so I might as well post it and get to deleting it later or something.


No comments:

Post a Comment

********** (10 golden stars for sharing ur thoughts)