Sunday, July 18, 2010

Orang Yang Jatuh Cinta Diam-diam




...In the end, a person who secretly falls in love is only able to pray. They could only pray, after getting tired of hoping, a sort of dream that appeared from the beginning, which grew from a very small shape, and the longer they hoped the bigger it grew, the longer they hoped the farther it seemed. A person who secretly falls in love could finally at the end accept it. A person who secretly falls in love grasps the fact that reality is not always the same as what they would want it to be. Sometimes what we wanted can turn out nothing like what we needed. And to be honest, what we needed was only to rely on fate. A person who secretly falls in love could only, like what they have always done, fall in love alone.

---

I decided to (unofficially) translate the ending paragraph of the first chapter of Raditya Dika's book, Marmut Merah Jambu, because this describes what I am feeling, and always had been feeling whenever I stupidly get fond of someone, so far in my ridiculously young thirteen years of living.

Was my translating bad? Ha, ha.

Marmut Merah Jambu is a book filled with bitter-sweet collections of Raditya's love experiences, both happy and sad. You should read it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ANTAYHEEE, u got it translated better than me D8
i was gonna translated until i saw your blog, tulisan ku gak seapa-apanya xDD
it is a pretty good book, tho. :D

eh, antayhee, do you have any other raditya dika's books? im currently addicted to him but cant seem to find the other four first books.

-FIKARHEEEE, males mo log-in Dx

Anty said...

OH HELLO. lol i read this comment aftr i posted my comment on your dika post. xD sorry.

I have the kambingjantan comic book 1. i read babi ngesot from my cousin, so I only have MMJ and male lamb. D:

mirakuru said...

anty i wanna borrow this mmj book D:

Post a Comment

********** (10 golden stars for sharing ur thoughts)