Wednesday, December 21, 2011

No, you're not done yet.

I hate it when someone gets so overcome with problems that they have fought through for so long, but then everything becomes too much for them and they feel broken and are about to give up (or maybe they have, in fact, already given up), and you want to comfort them but you feel like nothing you say will make things right.

You cannot comfort them, because you're at loss for words, no matter how strongly you feel for this person. What are you supposed to say? 'Hey, everything's going to be fine'? How many times have they heard that one, and nothing is turning up for them, and so why should they ever believe in that phrase again?

What about: 'Stay strong and hang on'? I reckon they've been doing that for as long as they could now.

Everyone says they are there for that person but it appears that that person does not feel it. I wish we could fully show how supportive we are of that person, but darn long-distance and virtual connection for not allowing us to give them a hug or something when they need it most.

I wonder how some people could be so amazing that they could talk a person out of harming themselves, and maybe even convince them not to commit suicide, despite how terrible their lives seem to be.

Of course, this person I wish I could comfort probably doesn't go to that extent, but if I could only show her how much we all care for her...

But I feel like I would merely bug her by telling her things she has heard countless of times before, because those are the only words I could think of.

2 comments:

Magic_Clover said...

I think in these situations you should not say "don't cry" but rather "you have my shoulder". In the end, it's the effort that counts though right? Don't beat yourself up so much haha C:

Anty said...

I know that. It's a bit cruel to tell them not to cry when they've been pushing through as best as they could. It's better if you offer them comfort and assure them that we love and accept them even at their worst.

The person I was talking about is suffering from chronic disease. She had been taking this medication that actually increased her suicidal tendencies in a way?? T___T It was frightening. I'm really glad they took it off her now, and that she's feeling steadily better.

Ahh, sorry for the rant. Thanks for reading this little post. ;u; Alright, I'll try not to beat myself up too much when things like this happen.

Post a Comment

********** (10 golden stars for sharing ur thoughts)