Sunday, March 14, 2010

the hilarity of silence.

i wonder what's been happening for a while? :D i decay, i've been on an okay mood lately, so i suppose nothing bad happened.

well, let's just start off with the title. why is silence funny? well, nothing is funny about having to keep quiet of course, but there was a funny tale my geo teacher told us of his parents when they were sort of 'dating'.

they were on a boat race in Scotland, you see, and suddenly my teacher's father just laughed and laughed. it was the first time for him to meet his girlfriend's parents and so far, not a good impression. after a while, when they finally got him to calm down they asked him to explain what happened. then my teacher's father (who was absolutely English and not Scottish unlike his wife and her parents) was like:

"Did'cha see that boat over there?! It's name was We Shiit!"

I'm not joking. that's what he said. of course, he explained to us that in Scottish, 'weesht' means 'quiet' or 'silence'. so it's perfectly understandable for foreigners to mistake the pronounciation. :D

/STILL I'M PRETTY SURE IT WAS JUST ANOTHER EXCUSE FOR THE -SCOTTISH- TEACHER(S) AND THE STUDENTS TO SWEAR IN CLASS. MAYBE?/

no, of course not, but i still find it hilarious. XD it's the closest i've got to hear a teacher imply and say a full swear word.

my guitar teacher said my name sounds italian. idk, but that's the second time someone said it, the first one coming from this British author. :/

and just before i go, i'd like to present you with this ever-so-precious video my sister found on the net.


Ukulele kid brought a smile on my face so wide that my jaws hurt. :) Enjoy this please, and smile along.
---

Thank you for faith, hope and love. thank you for friendship, trust and laughter. for music, art and serenity, and serendipity. thank you for hot chocolate and smiles.
---

I'm just feeling very awesome tonight. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

********** (10 golden stars for sharing ur thoughts)